I’m sure you all know by know that you should be eating more kale right?
Kale is one of those magic superfoods that contains an incredible amount of nutrients such as vitamins A, C, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, calcium, folate, potassium, copper, manganese, phosphorous, and magnesium, just to name a few. 😉
So it’s no wonder that you should be sneaking this wonder leaf into as many meals as possible!
Here is my list of 10 kick-ass ways to eat more kale:
- Kale Chips
- That’s right. Kale chips. Kinda like potato chips, but WAY better/healthier. Simply tear your kale into chip-size pieces and toss with some olive oil and pink himalayan salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Kale Smoothie
- This is probably the most obvious way, but also one of the easiest as you can drink it way faster than you can chew! Add about 1 cup of chopped kale to a blender along with 2-3 cups of almond or rice milk or coconut water, 1/2 a frozen banana, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Blend until smooth! (optional add ins: any fruit such as blueberries or raspberries, ground flax seed, soy yogurt.)
- Kale Salad
- Kale can be a little tough when eaten raw. But if you spend 5 minutes and massage your kale with some extra-virgin olive oil it will soften the leaves up and make your salad so much more pleasant to eat. Add in some chopped nuts, tomato, thinly sliced onion, bell pepper, and whip up a dressing of fresh orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil and you’ve got yourself a super salad!
- Tofu Kale Scramble
- This is an amazing way to get some veggies and a ton of protein at breakfast or lunch time! Drain your extra-firm tofu and press between some paper towels. Meanwhile heat some coconut oil in a pan and sauté some onions, mushrooms, peppers, and kale until softened. Crumble your tofu into the pan and add in some spices such as turmeric, garlic, salt, chili powder, etc. and stir until well combined and warmed through. Serve!
- You can add kale to just about any soup! Simply add chopped kale about 10 minutes before you’re done cooking the soup. Voila! Your soup just got way more nutritious and hearty. (I like to add kale to tomato soups, chowders, and curries.)
- Add whole kale stalks to any juice recipe to get some added green power!
- Kale Slaw
- In any cole slaw recipe, just replace part or all of the cabbage with finely sliced kale! Kale has way more nutrients than cabbage does and it makes an awesome side dish to some baked tofu! (add fresh lemon juice for a fresh twist)
- One-Pot Pasta
- One pot-pasta is one of my favorite meals because it’s so freaking easy to do! And when you add kale you’re sneaking in some veggies with your pasta! Sauté 1 chopped onion in some coconut oil in a large pot until soft, then add 5 cups veggie broth, one package pasta (spaghetti or linguine), 3 stalks of kale chopped and stems removed, 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 can of drained artichoke hearts, 1 teaspoon each rosemary, thyme, and oregano, and stir to mix everything together. Bring to a boil then simmer with the lid on for about 15-20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Serve!
- Sautéed Kale
- Just like sautéed spinach, simply swap it with kale! Add in some coconut oil, fresh cracked black pepper, pressed garlic, and even some mushrooms to make this side-dish a hit!
- That’s right you heard me, CAKE. WHAT?! It’s crazy. It’s obscene. IT’S DELICIOUS. This is a game changer folks. Find the recipe over at Veggie Desserts.
There you have it! I hope this list helps you find the kale monster we all have hiding inside of us!